Finding a top-quality vinyl cutting machine can be a hard task. The task is even more arduous for first-time buyers. However, it’s not a hopeless case even though there are hundreds of vinyl cutters readily available in the market. Choosing the wrong vinyl cutter will not only set you back a hundred couple dollars and cause you grief afterward, but it can also be frustrating especially if it is for a business venture.
So, if you want to have nothing but the best and professional looking work, you shouldn’t settle for anything less than the best vinyl cutting machine in the market. To choose this, ensure that you consider both speed and readability. Why? Because getting a bad machine will result in a low-quality work that will leave you embittered.
With that, we have reviewed some of the best vinyl cutting machines that you can get in the market today. We’ve also added some friendly considerations when it comes to the pros and cons regarding each machine.
1. Cricut Explore Air 2
Since its launch in 2015, the Circuit Explore Air 2 has had amazing reviews from owners thanks to the nice build as well as great cutting speeds.
- Available in four colors – Matte Black, Mint, Cherry Blossom and Persimmon – and you can get it in two different styles as well
- Has a fast mode ability that makes it really fast
- Besides vinyl, the Explore Air 2 can be used to cut other types of materials such as leather, iron, cardstock among others
- Freedom to make your designs from anywhere thanks to the Design Space software available coupled with cloud-based storage
- It has Bluetooth connectivity that allows for wireless cutting
- Ability to use Cricut Pens which lets you create handwritten projects
- Create your own customized designs with the more than 370 fonts or develop your own customized font
- Has the Smart Set Dial feature that guarantees any material that you’re using is cut to the right pressure and depth
- If you have no time to make your own designs, you can choose pre-made designs that are available for free on the Design Space software
- Affordable, easy to use and comes with a power cable, USB cable, blade and pen holder
- Design Space software is web-based that requires fast internet connectivity without which you won’t be able to use it
- Not suitable for Windows users and cutting sandblast resist
2. Cricut Maker
The Cricut Maker is another perfect vinyl cutting machine that you can find in the market. This is the best machine if you are looking for something that will give you freedom and flexibility as you work on your projects.
- The best machine for making extra-deep cut thanks to the superior rotary cutter
- Thanks to the rotary cutter, you are assured of an accurate and quick fabric cutting experience
- The knife blade allows you to easily cut through heavy material such as matboard or balsa wood
- Comes with the Design Space software that gives you a better user experience
- iOS users can use the Design Space software which comes in handy especially when working in areas with poor internet connectivity given that the software requires a fast internet connection
- Cloud-based storage capability so you don’t have to save your work in cartridges
- Perfect for cutting different types of materials besides vinyl
- Boasts of a two-tool capacity that lest you switch between tools back and forth without you having to stop your work
- Users will need high-speed internet that is reliable to use this machine efficiently
- The knife blade is sold separately which means additional cost
- Slightly expensive compared to the Explore Air 2
- Limited cutting space that measures 12 by 24 inches
3. Silhouette Cameo 3
The Silhouette Cameo 3 cutting machine comes packed with powerful tools and software to ensure that you get the best when working on your projects.
- Comes with automated blade settings coupled with a dual carriage that lets you handle both the writing and cutting parts in one step
- Gain instant access to a community of other crafters where you can learn and gain wisdom
- Comes with a free Silhouette Studio design software that can be used to customize personal designs.
- Suitable for beginners as well as small-business owners
- Available in four different colors
- Supports a wide range of materials such as vinyl, fabric, and paper among others
- If you don’t have the capacity to make your own designs, you can also access the ready-made designs that are available in their store
- Compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems
- Has a remarkable sensitive touchscreen
- Comes with a power cord, USB cable, and free dust cover
- Has a weak cutting force compared to other vinyl cutting machines
4. Brother CM350 Cutting Machine
This Brother CM350 cutting machine comes with some great features that make it rank among the best vinyl cutting machines that you can get.
- Has an inbuilt scanner that boasts of a 300 dpi that allows you to make your own cut files
- Ability to scan just about any photos and custom-cut them to suit your project
- You can use the machine as a stand-alone model or connect it to your PC wirelessly
- Enjoy more than 600 built-in designs, seven different fonts and a large LCD touchscreen where you can make your own edits
- Has a large cutting area that also doubles up as the scan area measuring 12 by 12 inches
- Compatible with select Windows OS versions
- Not suitable for iOS users
If you want to have a successful production line, the first step is to ensure you get nothing but the best vinyl cutting machine. A good vinyl cutting machine will make your cutting work easier only leaving you to worry about the designs that you need to custom-make. Remember, to get the best; you have to choose a machine that is practical and can let you cut a wide range of materials especially if your work isn’t limited to using just one type of material.